Recipe provided by Washington State Farmers Market Association
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
- Peel the cucumbers, then slice them in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds with the tip of a spoon. Cut into thin slices.
- Wash the blueberries and discard any stems, leaves, or shriveled berries.
- Combine blueberries and cucumber in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and mint.
- Pour over the cucumber mixture and gently toss.
- Sprinle with feta cheese, if desired. Serve chilled.
- Choose blueberries that are plump with smooth skin and a silvery sheen. Discard any berries that are soft, or appear shriveled. Do not wash berries until you are ready to use. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar (or white balsamic)
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced mint leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) crumbled feta cheese, optional